D.I.Y. Greenhouse Cabinet




 To keep myself sane during the winter months I made a greenhouse cabinet to not only start seeds for the garden in, but to harvest fresh lettuce, tomatoes and herbs in the dead of winter.

   It truly was a welcomed project for me. I have used the traditional portable plastic greenhouses in the past and grew frustrated with how invasive and unattractive they were. I began my search for a cabinet that would resemble a small refrigerator in the corner of my open pantry area. After months of searching I found this cabinet. It’s actually an electronics cabinet with a glass door and adjustable shelving.

  I then researched low heat led grow lights and found the perfect sized ones to fit in this cabinet.  I also wound up placing my small hydroponics system in it which gave me extra room on my kitchen countertop.








  To keep with the “refrigerator” theme I have begun starting my seeds in containers one would find in a refrigerator. Chinese food containers, soda cans and bottles... I’m extremely happy with the result and when I’m feeling depressed you can find me with my head stuck in it. Lol.



  

Popular posts from this blog

Lighting Ideas on a Budget