The Wildlife Outside My Home

I thought it would be fun to share some photographs of the constant flow of animals around my home.

Deer

Our first floor has a perfect window for feeding deer.  We simply throw out apples and fruit and watch them up close.




Bears

Now we know where our pond fish have been going!





This bear gave the trampoline a try! lol!

Skunks

This curious young skunk attempted to climb our son's batting cage net and became hopelessly stuck. He hung upside down for a long time until our animal control officer could come rescue him.






This pretty white mama wakes me often while she digs for slugs in front of my bedroom window. I had to take this picture with the "night" feature on my phone and it is through a screen so forgive it's quality.




Toad

This is "Mr. Jackson". He is a toad who lives under a shed on our deck. We named him Mr. Jackson after the Beatrix Potter character in The Tale of Mrs. Tittlemouse. Mr. Jackson hops up six steps every evening and has grown accustomed to our handling him.





Green Frog

These little guys are fairly new to me. I finally found what was making the loud whirring sound! I think it's a toad of some sort but it is new to my area and loud as heck!


Northern Ring-Necked Snake

This little guy keeps waiting for our front door to open so he can slither in!


Turtles

These funny guys are in a wildlife refuge not far from my home. They not only like to sit on logs in the silty water but line up in nearly the same direction!

Raccoon

This cutie pie was abandoned by it's mother and raised by a neighbor. Sweet! Every night the Raccoons climb up on our deck and leave their little human-like hand prints on the windows.

Popular posts from this blog

Lighting Ideas on a Budget