Easy Home Theater





My home theater:)

Our winters are often long and brutal which often leads to cabin fever.  This last winter I kept sane by transforming a tiny, dark downstairs room into a fun movie theater! It was super fun! Easy and affordable:)


 (Our dark multi purpose room)

(I suppose you could call it a family room.)

     I began by rearranging the furniture and mounting the television on the wall. This room is long and thin and thankfully the couches worked well in the space.





     STARS:)

     Next I painted the ceiling black and added dots of varying sizes that glow in the dark.







RISER...

     I then focused on raising the back couch. I built a simple box riser being careful to leave just enough to walk on it.




I then wrapped it in carpet.




Movie theater things!

     I added red curtains and a beanbag chair for extra seating... I also found an awesome affordable surround sound system, stocked a fridge with drinks and snacks, and OF COURSE added a cool large capacity popcorn maker:)







  This is now our favorite room in the house!  It was such a fun winter project:) It was easy and so affordable I can't believe we waited so long!

Popular posts from this blog

Lighting Ideas on a Budget