Pretty Table


I love being creative when I have items I love that I need to figure out how to use or display in my home. This was the easiest table I ever made and it always starts conversations! I simply fell in love with a wagon wheel which turns out to not be a wagon wheel at all but a wheel from the 1800s used on a "Horse Treadmill"... look it up, they actually had them! I researched the name on it M. Harder and Found it in the Encyclopedia of American Farm Implements and Antiquities!

All I did was search for a base and found a heavy metal bird feeder for FREE and attached the wheel with heavy duty picture hanging wire. I originally purchased a piece of mirror for this piece as I liked the way it looked in my video where I used a round ill fitted mirror just for the video's sake... However after finding out the interesting history I purchased a clear piece of glass so that the engraving of M. Harder showed through.


Please watch my video to see how nice it came out. The reason I shared this is so that you can see that there are other things you can do with a beautiful antique wagon wheel other than turning it into a hanging light!!!!

Please find my video on my YouTube channel. Just click on my name: Christina Bell on a Budget

~Christina

Popular posts from this blog

Lighting Ideas on a Budget